Honey Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
- Pour water into a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer and sprinkle yeast over top. Let sit until yeast dissolves, about 5 minutes. Stir in milk, honey and oil. Add flours and stir by hand or with a dough hook until a dough forms, about 1 minute on low.
- Add the salt and knead dough until it is smooth and springy, about 10 minutes on medium speed.
- Form dough into a ball and place in a large bowl lightly coated with oil. Turn dough to coat with oil. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Transfer dough to floured surface. Divide dough in half and form into two balls. Preheat the oven to 105°C. Grease two 9 x 13 cm loaf pans. Gently press and shape each ball into a 9 x 23 cm square. Fold into thirds, like folding a letter. Pinch the seam closed and place loaf seam-side down in prepared pan. Cover and let rise for 40-60 minutes.
- Make three angled slashes on top of each loaf with a knife and place in oven. Immediately reduce heat to 190°C and bake until loaves are golden-brown and sound hollow when tapped, about 30 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Add ingredients to the bread pan following manufacturer’s instructions. Bake on machine’s basic wheat bread setting. Check dough before final rise and, if necessary, adjust its placement in the pan for level height during baking.
source: Bob's Red Mill