Organic Raw Org Chia Seeds 454g
Organic Raw Org Chia Seeds 454g
- Guaranteed Peace of Mind, Warranty on Electronics
- No-Hassle Returns: Shop with Confidence
- Fast Delivery, 2-3 JOD Delivery Fee
Certified Organic Chia Seeds
Mild and nutty flavored, chia seeds were cultivated long ago by the Aztecs and the Maya. The name “chia” comes from the word chian, meaning “oily” in the Aztec language of Nahuatl. Healthy chia is also high in fiber and a good source of calcium, iron and magnesium.
Raw and certified organic, our Chia Seeds are grown in a pure environment. This is how the Aztecs and Maya grew their seeds thousands of years ago, a tradition we believe produces the finest chia in the world. Free of additives and preservatives, our Chia Seeds are a nutritional powerhouse that are versatile and easy to use.
CHIA SEEDS BENEFITS
Magnesium which may contribute to normal bone health and immunity
Calcium which may assist in supporting strong bones
Omega-3 essential fatty acids which may contribute to mental function and hearth health
SUGGESTED USE & INDICATIONS
Add 1-2 tbsp of chia seeds to smoothies, juices, desserts, cereals, yogurt, salads, or use to make puddings, porridge, sauce and dressings.
Make our Chia Seed Jam recipe (see below),
To make chia gel, use one part chia to six parts water.
Ingredients: Certified organic raw chia seeds
Storage: Reseal bag after opening. Store in a cool, dry place.
Organic food is produced without using harmful or toxic pesticides, sewage sludge or petroleum-based synthetic fertilizers, genetically modified organisms (GMOs), bioengineering, or ionizing radiation.
This product has been verified to be absent of GMOs. Sunfood does not support the use of GMOs.
All Sunfood products, including those that are not certified organic, are sourced to be free of GMOs.
VEGAN / PLANT-BASED
This product is made entirely from plant-based ingredients. No animal products are used at any point in the manufacturing process, and none of our products are ever tested on animals.
Sunfood and its suppliers comply with a strict policy of kosher food laws, including cleanliness, purity and quality.
We are currently certified by Earth Kosher.
Berry Chia Seed Jam
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen mixed berries (If using frozen berries, defrost them first)
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Yacon syrup (or other natural syrup of your choice)
- Juice from half an orange (about 1-2 tbsp)
1. In a medium bowl, combine the defrosted berries, chia seeds, and orange juice. Use a large fork to mash the berries until the mixture is fairly smooth.
2. Stir in the yacon syrup. If you would like your jam a bit sweeter, you could add more yacon syrup to taste.
3. Let the mixture sit in the fridge for about half an hour so the chia seeds can absorb some of the moisture and plump up.
OUR BELIEFS & MISSION
We believe the key to good health, natural energy and long life is diet and nutrition.
We believe Mother Nature has provided an abundance of diverse, nutritionally-rich plants that can be sustainably grown and harvested for the benefit of human-kind.
We believe in the restorative and healing power of superfoods.
It is our mission to share these superfoods with people seeking a truly natural solution to improve their health and well-being.
Along the way, we hope to open more minds to our beliefs by gathering and spreading knowledge on the science behind superfoods, and their wide-ranging health benefits.